Last week a friend was talking about the things we do when we are young. She shared her story about her group of friends in middle school. They all made up a fake story about having play practice after school so that they could all stay after school. Only they weren't staying for play practice, they were staying after to practice making out.
After hearing her funny story, I began to think about the things I did. I think I'll share a few. Maybe they will make you laugh. Maybe they will make you remember some of the things you did when you were young.
When I was in 8th grade, I began to really hate gym. I had this coach that no one liked, but she seemed to like me. I tried to come up with ways to get out of participating in gym. I skipped a few times...and got caught. So, instead of continuing to get in trouble, I needed to come up with a way to get out of it. I came up with a fantastic story to tell my coach so that I wouldn't have to participate. I told her that I was pregnant and couldn't participate in P.E. The funny thing is.. she bought it for about 4 weeks and then she asked for a doctor's note. All that time, I sat on the sidelines laughing while everyone else did the exercises and learned how to play basketball and volleyball. You know, my coach didn't punish me for lying. She just made me participate again.
My hatred of gym continued into high school. Somehow, in 9th and 10th grades I ended up with the coolest gym coach ever. Instead of participating in the sports, he let me clean his office out every week. All I had to do was write a paper on the sport that the rest of the class was doing. I got out of participating and didn't have to lie.
As I think about my time as a teenager, I can remember many fun stories. I did a lot of stupid things. I did a lot of things to cry out for attention.
What did you do that was stupid? What did you do that was crazy? Did you do things for attention? Or did you just get by?
No comments:
Post a Comment