Monday, June 30, 2008

This summer



Last year at this time I was packing my bags and getting ready to leave for Egypt. I packed two huge suitcases and a carry on and made my way to Virginia. I flew out of Washington Dulles International Airport to Frankfurt, Germany. After a layover for a couple hours, I flew on to Cairo, Egypt. I spent 3 weeks in Egypt before heading back to the States to start my new job at Campbell University.

I've included a picture of a sunrise in the Sinai desert. This is a place that I watched the sunrise from the side of a desert mountain. I cried at the beauty of it and experienced the presence of God.

This summer, I didn't get to travel anywhere out of the country. So far this summer I've completed one class for 3 credits and I begin another one tomorrow. After this class is over, I'll only have 19 hours left to finish my masters degree.

While I wish I had been able to travel at least a little, I'm happy to be able to complete these classes and being closer to graduating. What have you been up to?

No comments: